Intro to the Solver
The Solver is where you assemble the formulas you want to solve.
Once a formula has been added to the Solver, you can...
In this example, these two formulas were added to the Solver:
- Volume of a cylinder
- Volume of a sphere
There are several things of note:
- The formulas have been re-arranged so that the formula 2 is on top
- The formulas are grouped together
- In formula 2 (Volume of a sphere), the variable r (radius) is the output variable, i.e. the variable that is solved for
- r in formula 2 is linked to r in formula 1
- Several variables’ units have been switched from meters to centimeters
- The variable V in formula 2 (Volume of a sphere) has been tagged with the suffix lower